The Science of Social Timing
This data suggests that there are specific windows in which sending an email could positively or negatively affect your readership. For example, statistics show that:
- Between the hours of 6 am and 10 am, consumer interest is generally at its highest, because people allow themselves to be distracted.
- The average blog gets the most traffic around 11 am.
However, time of day is not the only factor worth noting. For example, email open rates are at their highest during the weekend, by as much as 44%. Although this may indicate you should be sending your emails over the weekend, the weekends are also prone to the highest abuse reports and bounce rates. Of course, these statistics might not accurately reflect the industry you are in, rather they act as a guide to experiment with your own clients. Your own email timing data is the best guide.
Additional tips in the article:
- Emails related to property and financial services are generally opened between 3 pm and 5 pm.
- Email abuse reports are reported highest in the early morning during all days of the week, with the weekend being the highest.
- Email bounce rates occur highest in the early morning during all days of the week, with the weekend being the highest.
- Email open rates and click rates are highest in the early morning during all days of the week, with the weekend being the highest.
- The optimal frequency for sending emails is generally 1 to 4 emails a month.
- Consumer promotion emails are best sent between 7 pm and 10 pm.
- Holiday promotion emails are best sent between 5 pm and 7 pm.
When do you think your email marketing is most successful?
– By Berbay Senior Account Manager Megan Braverman