The 2019 Legal Marketing Association (LMA) Tech West Regional Conference will explore methods for leveraging technology as a means to an end within law firms today. Taking place October 21–22 in San Francisco, the conference examines how technology impacts: client growth and retention, finding and pursuing new opportunities, law firm diversity and inclusion, and other initiatives key to law firm growth. Attendees will be able to attend best practice presentations, roundtables, TED talks, clinics and other interactive sessions, as well as network with law firm marketing and technology professionals from around the country.
This year’s conference co-chairs are Jasmine Trillos-Decarie, Chief Client Service Officer at Stoel Rives LLP and Adrian Lürssen, co-founder and VP of Strategic Development at JD Supra:
Jasmine Trillos-Decarie is a seasoned leader with more than 25 years of experience in marketing and business development at international Am Law 100 and 200 firms. Her expertise includes developing and implementing marketing and business development plans that support the firm’s strategic and financial objectives as well as the successful leading, motivating and coaching of cross-functional teams. Jasmine collaborates with firm leadership, department chairs and individual attorneys to support various marketing opportunities and to reinforce the firm’s visibility. Jasmine is an active member of the Legal Marketing Association, having served as President on the International LMA Board of Directors and the LMA New England Board of Directors.
Adrian Lürssen is the co-founder and VP of Strategic Development at JD Supra, a digital media company that allows lawyers and law firms to use their expertise to reach new clients, gain media attention, establish authority in their field of practice and increase visibility via social media. An expert on the state of content marketing and digital media, especially as it pertains to marketing of professional services, Adrian is regularly invited to speak to legal and technology organizations, including the Legal Marketing Association.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Adrian and Jasmine took on the role of co-chairing the 2019 LMA Tech West Regional Conference and came up with the theme of leveraging technology as a means to an end within law firms.
- Why general counsel use Wikipedia for research and how this can guide your content development.
- Why technology platforms often fail in law firms, and how firms can approach and leverage these tools differently.
- What marketing and technology professionals can learn from attending the conference.
- What the LMA team is doing to raise the bar for the conference year after year.