Iris Jones is the Chief Business Development & Marketing Officer at McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. She leads the firm’s business development and marketing team in delivering proactive strategy, service and high-level support to its attorneys and firm management, identifying and capturing new business and expanding existing relationships.
Prior to serving as Chief Business Development & Marketing Officer for McNees and other Am Law 100 firms in Washington, D.C. and New York, she practiced law in both the public and private sectors in Texas. Iris has extensive litigation and appellate practice experience, and served as Assistant Attorney General of Texas and Director of the City of Austin’s Law Department.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How lawyers can establish rapport and trust to build better client relationships.
- Why the traditional aspects of law can be a hindrance to teamwork.
- What law firms need to consider when looking for a CMO.
- How to implement a summer associate program that works and how it can help with attorney retention.
Ways to contact Iris:
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/iris-j-jones-jd-3098746
- McNees Bio Page: www.mcneeslaw.com/people/iris-jones
- Five on Five: Securing a Seat and Sharing Your Voice at the Leadership Table by Iris Jones