Doug Ott is an executive coach, trainer and public speaker whose 30-year career has encompassed business development, marketing and sales leadership roles. Almost half of that time has been in the professional services market working with accountants and lawyers.
For eight years, Doug led business development in the West Region for Deloitte’s Forensic and Advisory Practice, where he built relationships with Fortune 100 companies and international law firms. He was also responsible for coaching associates, managers and partners at Deloitte on how to generate new business through developing and maintaining long-term business relationships.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why CPA firms tend to be further along in business development and sales training than law firms.
- How law firms can improve their processes to advance their business development initiatives.
- Why millennials are well-positioned to begin developing relationships early in their careers, and why business development training should start early-on as a young associate.
- How to position business development coaching and training as a benefit, rather than an indicator that something is wrong with performance.
- Why coaching and business development training is just as important for small law firms as it is for larger firms.
How to contact Doug Ott:
- Website: www.dougottconsulting.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/doug-ott-7359711/
- Presenting at the 2019 Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference