Widely recognized as an authority on building law firm clientele, Craig Brown has worked with law firms for more than 20 years in the areas of business development, training, coaching and strategy. As a former practicing lawyer, he helps lawyers use their strengths to build relationships that lead to strong books of business. Craig has developed and conducted hundreds of action-oriented seminars and workshops on business development.
Craig is a consultant with LawVision, a leading law firm strategy and growth consultancy. He is the co-developer of the Lawyer Behavior Profile™ used by hundreds of lawyers to identify and apply key business development strengths. Prior to LawVision, Craig formed and operated The Motivera Group, an independent business development consultancy for law firms and Modena Seminars, a seminar-based training company focused on law firm seminar development and training.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why litigators often have similar personalities to non-litigators and the different way they go about business development.
- How to identify your unique business development traits and leverage those to develop a referral network.
- Why it’s critical to focus your practice in one or two industries and become a thought leader in that space.
- How to maximize your time with referral sources to formalize relationships.
- How to overcome your reluctance to network and talk about your expertise.
Ways to contact Craig:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lawvisiongroup.com/consultants/craig-brown
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/craighelpslawyers
- Twitter: @morerainmakers
- Coaching Certification Program: lawvisiongroup.com/client-resources/certification-programs/coaching-advantage-certification-program
- New Directors Roundtable: lawvisiongroup.com/client-resources/boardrooms/business-development-directors-roundtable